Location: Northeastern Wisconsin Territory
This is a professional sales representative position with responsibilities for building and maintaining
good long-term customer relations. It is imperative to the success of the position to uphold the Team Amerhart philosophy and to meet the expectations of architects, designers, specifiers and customers.
The outside sales representative, in sales calls, uses a detail knowledge of Formica products and a
consultative problem-solving approach to meet the needs of the customer and to promote partnering
Key Duties and Responsibilities: This list of responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Build and grow strong relationships with existing and future customers while driving awareness to product lines.
- Prepare for calls by setting up appointments. Gather customer-specific information to accurately anticipate and address customers’ needs. Develop and deliver product presentations (demos, clinics, box lunch programs, trade show).
- Maintain an up-to-date file for each customer.
- Projects in the pipeline to target for sales.
- New product introductions
- Order merchandising aids (samples, literature, etc.)
- Use a consultative problem-solving approach. Introduce new and continuing product lines and answer technical questions that will serve the requirements of each customer. Keep customers abreast of changes in product lines that could be more suitable for their use. Follow up with answers to questions asked by customers in a timely manner.
- Collaborate cross functionally with sales/branch and Formica product manager. Keep all sales staff updated on Formica business and channel leads to drive revenue creation. Share information regarding price and product inquiries. Work as a team to resolve problems associated with customer orders.
- Keep the credit department abreast of circumstances and situations which might adversely affect successful collections.
- Submit project report sheets to sales/branch manager.
- Maintain customer and potential customer initial and continuing contracts.
- Work with customers, suppliers, and in-house staff for resolving troublesome situations in a timely and efficient way to the satisfaction of all parties. Complete the appropriate forms and records. Supply customer and Formica product manager with relevant paperwork.
- Update product and sales knowledge through a variety of means, e.g., suppliers, seminars, in-house training, trade publications.
- Attend sales and other organizational meetings. Participate in those meetings through sharing ideas, making suggestions, problem solving as a team member and providing accurate information about your territory. Recognize the interdependence each team member has with not only other salespeople but product managers, warehouse staff, delivery personnel and others.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Demonstrated ability in successful consultative and problem-solving sales techniques, methods, and approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative, self-starter with limited management oversight required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a cross-functional team environment.
- High School Diploma
- Two years’ experience in customer service or sales.
- Knowledge of building materials and its application, the lumber market, and the construction industry a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License