Location: Topeka, KS
This is a professional sales representative position with responsibility to establish and maintain strong, long-term customer relations in the assigned sales territory. It is imperative to the success of the position to uphold the Team Amerhart philosophy and to meet sales goals and margins.
The outside sales representative, in sales calls, uses a detailed knowledge of buiding materials and a problem-solving consultative approach to meet the needs of the customer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Prepare a weekly sales plan that includes presetting appointments. Gather customer-specific information in order to accurately address the customers' needs. Plan the sales territory route for maximum results.
- Maintain an up-to-date file for each customer. This includes but is not limited to product usage, buying habits, product preference and opportunities.
- Align customer call frequency with associated customer segmentation.
- Use a problem-solving consultative approach to sales while being part of the customer’s production scheduling team. Introduce new and continuing product lines and answer technical questions that will serve the building material requirements of each customer.
- Proactively communicate changes in product lines as well as product opportunities that align with customers’ changing needs. This includes timely follow up to customers’ questions.
- Collaborate monthly with key vendor sales reps in territory. This includes aligning on customer opportunities, sales training and travel plans with vendor rep.
- Promote, educate and sustain the B2B platform with new and existing customers.
- Serve as a resource to sales/branch and product managers on such things as adding, changing or deleting product lines; competitive and discount pricing; and advertising and promotions.
- Keep Inside Sales teammates updated on territory business. Share information regarding price and product inquiries. Work as a team to resolve problems associated with customer orders.
- Clarify for the customer Amerhart's credit program. Keep the credit department updated on circumstances and situations which might adversely affect successful collections.
- Submit expense and mileage reports with all appropriate receipts.
- Update product and sales knowledge through a variety of means. This includes supplier seminars, trade shows, in-house training and trade publications.
- Attend sales and other organizational meetings.
- Participate in customer and supplier engagements that foster relationship building (e.g., golf outings and sporting events).
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills, including timely and thorough follow-up with stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate and problem solve.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of prior sales experience
- Experience within building supplies industry a plus