Location: Marshall, MN
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform all duties associated with shipping, receiving and stocking warehouse material. This position is a member of the warehouse team. As such, offering to help others when the workload demands, treating teammates with respect and care, performing work in a safe manner according to safety policies and procedures and being concerned about the safety of others are required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Performance of Shipping and Receiving Functions
- Unload common carrier trucks and railroad cars and place merchandise in receiving section of the warehouse.
- Pick orders until the order is completely filled. Report any problems such as shortages or damaged material, etc. Inquire with sales when orders cannot be shipped as ordered and make changes as directed by sales. Operate a forklift in completing this task.
- Make additions or changes to original picking instructions from sales.
- Make notations on truck tickets of any order problems.
- Take tallies of material received by truck or rail and review invoices for accuracy (truck or rail). Pass accurate tallies on to the Operations Manager.
- Band, wrap or otherwise prepare material for shipping.
- Arrange orders on trucks according to safe weight distribution practices.
Performance of Miscellaneous Functions
- Fill orders for will-call customers.
- Perform routine maintenance work such as changing light bulbs, cleaning, gardening, etc.
- Complete daily OSHA recordkeeping requirements.
- Check over the forklift prior to daily operation to avoid equipment problems and malfunctions in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Back-up others in warehouse.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years warehouse experience required with some experience in a distributorship preferred.
- Neat and clean appearance.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team.