4 x 4 Pressure Treated Southern Yellow Pine
- Application: Outdoor Living
- Brand: Free State Lumber
- Dimensions: 4" T x 4" W (8'-20' Lengths)
- Edge profile: Square edge
- Grade: #1
- Item Recyclable: True
- Item Returnable: True
- Length: 20 ft
- Made in US: True
- Manufacturer: FREE STATE LUMBER CO INC
- Material: Southern Yellow Pine
- Nominal thickness: 4 in
- Nominal width: 4 in
- Pressure treated: MCA treated
- Texture: S4S (surfaced 4 sides)
- Thickness: 4 in
- Used for: Ground contact exterior projects
- Width: 4 in
- : 4041ALT|4|4|20
Southern Yellow Pine is heavy, strong and hard and moderately high in shock resistance.
Pine wood has a straight grain, medium texture and is difficult to work with hand tools. Nail holding capacity is high but gluing is more difficult.
Southern yellow pine can exhibit some shrinkage but gains stability with seasoning.
Lumber has been treated with MCA (micronized copper azole). Because the copper in MCA is present in microscopic particles suspended in water, it is less corrosive to fasteners and hardware, and it can be placed in contact with aluminum. MCA-treated wood also tends to retain more of its natural color.
Southern yellow pine is an ideal choice for building professionals and do-it-yourselfers.