4x6 #2 Southern Yellow Pine .60 CCA Treated Timbers
- Application: Outdoor Living
- Brand: Free State Lumber
- Grade: #2 & Btr
- Made in US: True
- Manufacturer: FREE STATE LUMBER CO INC
- Material: Southern Yellow Pine
- Pressure treated: 0.60 CCA per cubic foot
- Texture: S4S (surfaced 4 sides)
- Used for: Structural poles, foundation posts
Southern yellow pine is heavy, strong and hard and moderately high in shock resistance.
Pine wood has a straight grain, medium texture and is difficult to work with hand tools. Nail holding capacity is high but gluing is more difficult.
Southern yellow pine can exhibit some shrinkage but gains stability with seasoning.
These timbers have been treated with CCA (chromated copper arsenate), treated to 0.60 per cubic foot, so it can be used for wood foundations and structural poles.
Southern yellow pine is an ideal choice for building professionals and do-it-yourselfers.