P-1405Choice Brands Formica Brand Adhesives Neoprene Contact Adhesive
Out Of Stock
- Brand: Choice Brands
- Codes & standards: Qualifies for LEED®-NC & CI EQ Credit 4.4
- Compatible tools & materials: Recommend Cleaning Solution: 689 Solvent
- Coverage: 152 sq ft/gal
- Installation method: Thoroughly agitate before use. Open Time: 60 minutes.
- Made in US: No
- Manufacturer: CHOICE BRANDS
- Sub Brand: Formica Brand Adhesives
- Used for: Laminates, particle board, plywood, hardwood, leather, rubber and metal. DO NOT use in applications with copper or aluminum components.
This premium brush/roll grade, flammable adhesive offers excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates, including, but not limited to laminates, particleboard, plywood, hardwood, leather, rubber, & metal. It has a medium viscosity allowing it to give uniform coverage and good layup.
Made of a solvent-based rubber solution, it is fast-drying, has excellent room temperature contactability, and has high green strength and heat resistance. The Formica F-140 is LEED compliant (EQ 4.4 - no urea formaldehyde added).
Beware of “blushing.” This phenomenon generally occurs when the ambient humidity is high. The evaporation of solvent from the substrates causes the temperature in the immediate area to drop. When the temperature reaches the dew point, moisture will collect on the surface of the adhesive. This moisture layer both prevents complete evaporation of the solvent and creates a barrier between the mating adhesive surfaces.
Slight air movement over the substrates is the best method for preventing blushing. After the moisture is removed from the adhesive surface, the solvent will finish evaporating and the bond can be made. Thoroughly agitate the adhesive before use. Because some adhesive components may settle during shipping and storage, stirring the adhesive is recommended. This agitation will ensure optimum adhesive performance by creating a uniform solution.