From a small insulation products distributor to one of the largest independently owned lumber and building materials distributors in the Midwest.
Amerhart started in 1940 as an insulation and Masonite distributor. After being renamed Hartman Wholesale, we grew through the struggles of war-time economy to purchase our first facility in a 90-year-old railroad depot in Duck Creek (now the town of Howard, Green Bay, Wisconsin) with a mere 3,000 square feet of warehouse space.
After growing throughout the 1950's, a major acquisition occurred in 1963 when Hartman Wholesale purchased American Millwork and Supply. Renamed Amerhart, the combined company moved into a single facility in 1966 and began to focus on distributing wholesale lumber and building materials in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
Rapid growth continued in the late 1960's and 1970's. As a result, Amerhart moved to a parcel of land and built a 200,000 square foot covered warehouse in Green Bay, Wisconsin in 1977. This same plot of land houses our corporate headquarters and Green Bay branch today.
Since 1977, Amerhart's continued expansion – both geographically and through the addition of product and service capabilities – has made us the company we are today.
Amerhart is known for providing quality materials. But even more impressive than the products, are the hardworking people at each of our branches. Every decision they make is driven by one bottom line, what's best for our customers. It is this guiding principle that makes all Amerhart locations run smoothly and Amerhart-supported projects everywhere a success.