2x6 #2 Southern Yellow Pine Alternative Treated Centermatch - AG
- Application: Outdoor Living
- Brand: Free State Lumber
- Grade: #2
- Made in US: True
- Manufacturer: FREE STATE LUMBER CO INC
- Material: Southern Yellow Pine
- Moisture content: Kiln dried
- Pressure treated: Alternative treatment
- Tongue & groove: Yes
- Used for: Construction and building material/decking
Southern yellow pine is heavy, strong and hard and moderately high in shock resistance.
Pine wood has a straight grain, medium texture and is difficult to work with hand tools. Nail holding capacity is high but gluing is more difficult.
Southern yellow pine can exhibit some shrinkage but gains stability with seasoning.
Southern yellow pine is one of the strongest, most versatile species of wood.
Southern yellow pine is an ideal choice for building professionals and do-it-yourselfers.